Thursday, January 21, 2010

My response to Matt Kramer's Killer Wine App

I think that having information explaining the wine is VERY useful- but I am SHOCKED that a critic like MK didn't even buy a bottle in a shop that carried so much "unknown" wines. Wheres the sense of adventure? If you truly love wine, you go to a shop, read (or don't read) the labels/the reviews and 'take a chance'. Isn't that what life is all about? What if you knew all the 'pertinent' details about your spouse before you married her? If she were pre-labeled (by her Mother- or an expert), would you take the risk to go out on that first date? Information is good- but wine criticism is -at best- only opinion, whatever your level of expertise.

I say: if you don't have enough information, buy it anyway. There are SO MANY incredible wines out there that there's too little time to really worry about the details. Think: 'blind date'. It can be a dud, or the start of a hot affair!

I, and my staff, do our best to know what the 'tags' in our store don't. I think this needs to be said: anyone who solely relies on WS or Tanzer reviews needs to live a little and trust their own tastes!

Read Matt Kramer's Killer Wine App Post: http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/41588

No comments:

Post a Comment